Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
On 23 September 2018, the Government of India launched an enthusiastic government-sponsored health plan, named the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana (now called the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)). Also, the scheme was introduced to lessen the financial strain on poor and helpless societies- an outcome of hospitalization and assure they get a path to quality healthcare.
Likewise, PMJAY CSC proposes to hasten the nation’s progress towards the accomplishment of the Universal Health Coverage and Sustainable Development Goal. Also, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana offers financial security to 10.74 crores of poor, rural families and classified occupational classes of urban worker’s families. The plan proffers an anniversary health cover of Rs. 5,00,000 per family (on a family floater basis). Also, it incorporates medical and hospitalization costs for almost all secondary care and tertiary care procedures.
Objective of Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana?
PMJAY CSC intends to make secondary and tertiary healthcare entirely cashless. Likewise, the PM Jan Arogya Yojana beneficiaries have been given an e-card for availing the healthcare services at an impaneled hospital, public or private, anywhere in the nation- to obtain cashless treatment.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- First of all, the Health insurance protection of up to Rs. 5,00,000 per family annually.
- Also, above 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families are covered over the nation.
- Homes listed in the SECC database according to defined criteria are covered.
- Also, preference to girl children, women, and senior citizens.
- Also, free treatment can be availed at all public and impaneled private hospitals and cover the expenses.
- About 1,350 medical packages included covering surgery, medical and daycare treatments, cost of medicines, and diagnostics.
- Also, it covers all pre-existing diseases.
- And at last, cashless and paperless access to quality health care services.
What Is The Eligibility Criteria?
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Scheme or the Ayushman Bharat Yojana proposes to expand the healthcare facilities as long as possible, especially the weak section, lower middle income who are offering a cover of Rs 5 Lakh.
For Rural Areas
The 71st round of the National Sample Survey organization shows that a tremendous 85.9% of rural households do not have access to healthcare insurance or assurance. Also, approximately 24% of rural families get access to health care facilities by borrowing money.
In The Rural Areas, The PMJAY CSC Health Cover Is Available To:
- They should belong to schedule caste and scheduled tribe’s households
- Also, the families who have no male members aged 16 to 59 years.
- Beggars or those who are surviving on alms
- Additionally, families who are having one physically disable member and no able-bodied adult member.
- Landless households who make a living by working as a casual manual laborer.
- Primitive tribal communities.
- Legally released bonded laborer.
- Also, families living in one-room makeshift houses with no proper walls or roof.
- Manual scavenger families.
Eligibility Criteria For Urban Areas
- Mechanics, electricians, repair workers
- Domestic help
- Sanitation workers, gardeners, sweepers
- Home-based artisans or handicraft workers, tailors
- Hawkers, cobblers, and others provide services by working on pavements or streets.
- Masons, Construction workers, porters, painters, security guards, plumbers, and welders.
- Transport workers like helpers, Rickshaw pullers, conductors, and drivers.
- Shopkeepers, waiters, peons, delivery boys, and assistants.
List of Diseases Covered Under Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Prostate cancer
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Double valve replacement
- Carotid angioplasty with stent
- Pulmonary valve replacement
- Skull base surgery
- Laryngopharyngectomy with gastric pull-up
- Anterior spine fixation
- Tissue expander for disfigurement following burns
How To Register For Ayushman Bharat Yojana Online?
The scheme is an entitlement-based initiative- by the government of India for the poor and the venerable sections of society. Hence there is no enrolment process. Also, beneficiaries are pick based on the SECC 2011 and who are part of the RSBY plan. If you would like to know if you are eligible for the scheme, follow these steps:
- Visit the government website exclusively for the PMJAY scheme (https://pmjay.gov.in/) and click on the “Am I Eligible” icon.
- Enter your contact details and generate OTP.
- Choose your state.
- Now, search either by your name, mobile number, HHD number, or ration card number.
- The result will let you know if you are eligible for the PMJAY scheme.
- Age & Identity Proof (Aadhaar Or PAN)
- Then, the Contact details (Mobile, Address, email)
- Caste Certificate
- Then, the Income Certificate
- Additionally, Proof of the current status of the family
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Patient Card Generation
Once you are qualified for the PMJAY advantages, you can work towards getting an e-card. Before this card is issued, your identity is verified at a PMJAY kiosk with the help of a document like your Aadhaar card or ration card. Family identification proofs that can be produced cover a government-certified list of members, a PM letter, and an RSBY card. Once the verification is done, the e-card is printed along with the unique AB-PMJAY ID. You can use this as proof at any point in the future.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
For rural areas, SC and ST, Families with no male between 16 to 59 years, Beggars, Primitive tribal communities, ex-bonded laborers, Families living in single-room makeshift houses, Manual scavenger families among others.
Additionally, in urban areas, Washerman/chowkidars, Ragpickers, Mechanics, electricians, repair workers, Domestic help, hawkers, and others providing services by working on streets or pavements, Plumbers, masons, construction workers, porters, and security guards, transport workers, conductors, helpers, rickshaw pullers, assistants, delivery boys, shopkeepers, among others.
You can apply online by registering at the PMJAY CSC portal and select the ‘Am I eligible’ option and enter your details.
Visit mera.Pmjay.gov.in to review your registration or call the helpline (14555). Also, a beneficiary must enter a telephone number to validate the KYC (know your customer) electronically through an OTP and only done online.
HHD stands for Household Identification number. It is a 25 character long unique identifies households.