What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana? प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना क्या है?
We already know what is Pradhan Mantri Awas yojana. There are lots of people in India who cant buy home. Three things which are very essential to human life i.e Clothes, Khana and House. Everyone will get clothes and Khana but not house. That’s why our Prime Minister Narendar modi starts this yojana for the peoples who can’t buy home.
Pradhan Mantri awas yojana was started on 25th june, 2015. Main motive of awas yojana is to help poor peoples so that they can build their homes. भारत मैं ऐसे बहुत से लोग हैं जो घर नहीं खरीद सकते| हर इंसान की ३ मुख्य जरूरते होती हैं: रोटी , कपडा और मकान| घर बनाना हर एक के लिए आसान नहीं होता| इसी को देखते हो प्रधानमंत्री ने प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना शुरू की| यह योजना 25th june,2015 को लोगों को समर्पित की गयी|
This Yojana will be completed by 2022 and our government invested 439.22 billion rupees in PMAY. यह योजना 2022 तक पूर्ण होगी| भारत सरकार का उद्देश्य हैं की 2022 तक सभी के पास घर हो और भारत सरकार ने इसमें 439.22 billion invest किये हैं|
प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना can be divided into 2 parts:
Who is eligible for Pradhan Manti Awas Yojana?
The following individuals and families are eligible for this scheme:
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – Families with an annual income up to Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Low Income Group (LIG) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 3 Lakh and Rs. 6 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Families within an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- iddle Income Group II (MIG II) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Women belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC).
- In addition to the above, beneficiaries can avail the benefits of this scheme by meeting the following few eligibility criteria –
- He/she must not own a house to fulfil the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.
- The individual must also not avail the benefits of any other housing scheme by the State or Central Government.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
- Economic weaker section and Law income group is targeted by Indian government for this yojana. यह स्कीम के लिए Economic Weaker Section और Law Income Group को ही टारगेट कर के प्रक्षेपित की गयी है|
- A 70 years old person is also eligible for this Yojana. इस योजना के तहत 70 साल के लोग भी लोन के लिए अप्लाई कर सकते हैं|
- All Persons who has less than 3 lakh income per year can also apply. जिनकी आय 3 lakh से कम हैं वो भी इस योजना को अप्लाई कर सकते हैं|
- इस योजना के तहत 9 लाख रुपये की लोन पर 4 प्रतिशत छूट मिलती है और 12 लाख रुपये की लोन पर 3 प्रतिशत छुट मिलती हैं |
- According to this yojana, Home Loan is reduced upto some rate.
- Main motive of this yojana is to help poor peoples
प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना is divided into 3 parts:
- First phase is from 2015 to 2017 and already first phase target is achieved to build 100 homes.
- Phase 2 starts from april 2017 and upto march 2019. यह फेज अप्रैल 2017 से लेकर अप्रैल 2019 तक होगा
- Phase 3 starts from april 2019 to 2022. All the remaining homes will be built in this phase.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application | How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online
यह फॉर्म कोई भी गरीब भर सकता हैं| फॉर्म को ध्यान से पढ़िए और अप्लाई करीए और इस फॉर्म मैं यह ज़रूर घोषित करें की आपके पास कोई मकान नहीं हैं| Please follow below steps:
- सबसे पहले आप इसको ओपन करिये | First open this official government website: http://pmaymis.gov.in/
- Now click on the Citizen Assessment.
There are 2 options available First is For Slum Dwellers and Second is Benefit Under Other 3 Component. Click according to your need.
- Now Enter your Aadhar number and click on Check.
Now fill the form and click on save. अब फॉर्म को भर कर Save कर सकते हैं|
Check Official Website for more information and Check pradhan mantri awas yojana eligibility application status here: http://pmaymis.gov.in/
If you have any doubts, then please let us know in comments so that we can solve your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) – Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS)?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (PMAY-CLSS) is a scheme launched by our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for customers belonging to Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Low Income Group (LIG), and Middle Income Group (MIG-I & MIG-II).
The beneficiary would be eligible for interest subsidy on purchase/ construction/ extension/ improvement of a house.
Who can avail Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (PMAY-CLSS)?
The beneficiary family should meet the following conditions in order to be eligible for Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under PMAY:
- Beneficiary should be a family comprising of husband, wife and unmarried children
- Beneficiary can also be an unmarried individual earning member of the family
- Beneficiary should not own a pucca house either in his/her name or in the name of any member of his/her family in any part of India
- Beneficiary should be meeting income criteria defined as per various categories under the scheme
- Beneficiary should not have received central assistance under the mission, “Housing for all by 2022”
- For beneficiaries belonging to EWS and LIG categories, woman ownership is mandatory in the property under consideration for all cases except in cases where the land is already owned prior to 17 June 2015 by the customer and loan is availed only for self-construction of a house over the self-owned land
- The property must have basic trunk infrastructure such as water supply, electricity supply and drainage/sanitation facility
Note: As per the amendment in guidelines, the definition of ‘beneficiary’ was broadened to include an adult earning member (irrespective of marital status) subject to certain provisos, making him/her eligible to apply of PMAY-Urban under CLSS for MIG scheme effective from 01 January 2017. Subsequently, this definition of ‘beneficiary’ was also made applicable to entire PMAY-Urban scheme w.e.f. 27 June 2017.
How will I receive the interest subsidy benefit under Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) of PMAY?
The bank will claim subsidy benefit for eligible borrowers from National Housing Bank (NHB). The NHB will conduct a due diligence to exclude claims where customer has submitted multiple requests.
For all eligible borrowers, the subsidy amount would be paid to the bank. Once the bank receives the interest subsidy, it will be credited upfront to the loan account. The subsidy will be calculated on Net Present Value (NPV) at 9% discount rate.
E.g., the borrower avails a loan for Rs. 8 Lakh and the subsidy works out to Rs. 2,20,000. The amount (Rs. 2,20,000) would be reduced upfront from the loan (i.e., the loan would reduce to Rs. 5,80,000) and the borrower would pay EMIs on the reduced amount of Rs. 5,80,000.
Note: The above example is for illustration purpose only and the subsidy* amount will depend on the actual amount received or any changes done by NHB on the same.
Is this rate applicable only for first-time home buyers?
Yes, this rate is applicable only for first-time pucca home buyers as per PMAY criteria.
PMAY subsidy is applicable for what category of customer profiles?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is available for salaried as well as self-employed customers.
What is the maximum tenure on which the PMAY subsidy is applicable?
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is applicable for a maximum considered tenure of 20 years.
How will my loan eligibility be assessed?
The loan eligibility of the applicant will be assessed based on internal guidelines and processes of the bank as amended from time to time.
As per the extant requirement, the borrower will be required to submit income documents like, salary slip, ITR, bank statement, existing loan details etc. for the purpose of eligibility assessment.
Is there any loan amount limit on Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under PMAY?
No, there is no loan amount limit for loan accounts which are booked under PMAY-CLSS scheme.