The (PMGKY) Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana was originated by PM Narendra Modi in December 2016. It was begun as a follow-up to the Income Declaration Scheme. The program, which is part of the Taxation Laws (Second Amendment) Act of 2016, enabled people to register unaccounted cash by paying a fine of 50% of the concealed revenue. An additional 25% of the profit is paid in the scheme. It can further be refunded without interest within four years.
Update* (The scheme is extended till Diwali 2021 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.)
Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana – An Overview
|Scheme Name||Prime Minister Ration Subsidy Scheme|
|Started by||by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiary||80 crore beneficiaries In India|
|Purpose||Subsidy on ration will be provided to poor people.|
Features Of PMGKY (Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana)
- Nirmala Sitharaman stated on the 25th of March, 2020 a financial relief package of Rs 1,70,000 crore for the poor population and migrant workers.
- This scheme is outlined to satisfy 80 crores of the rural population of the country.
- The relief package covers food and elements, which are divided into eight sections of the society. It is comprehensive of pensioners, women, and the disabled.
- It involves contributing to the poor families with pulses through this yojana.
- The central administration has claimed to distribute rice and wheat bases to each individual. In extension to the previously existing rice distribution that has had been allotment.
- This scheme meant relief plans to help in the survival of the life-threatening state of the country.
How To Apply?
The PMGKY application process is very too easy and comfortable. The candidate only needs to open a Jan Dhan account in any bank that is authorized by the (RBI) Reserve Bank of India. Following this, the aspirant will have to produce some necessary income certificates. Once these certificates are sifted and tested, the aspirant will be verified to be equipped to get the advantages of the scheme.
PMGKY (Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana) Eligibility
The scheme was announced as a portion of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) for the direct advantage of businesses with up to 100 workers who earn less than Rs 15,000 monthly.
The Unified Portal has been updated to reflect the Scheme to aid qualifying companies in getting the advantage. There are no alterations to the ECR filing process or format. Before filing the ECR, the employers would only require to file a declaration.
Documents Required For Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
PMGKY keeps a simplistic process for everyone to avail. A candidate is required to open a Jan Dhan Account in any bank authorized by the Reserve Bank of India. Throughout this procedure, the candidate needs to furnish the income documents that will further be screened. After the completion of the screening, it is confirmed whether the applicant is qualified for the yojana or not.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
PMGKY was launched by the Government of India in 2016.
The PMGKY application process is very too easy and comfortable. The candidate only needs to open a Jan Dhan account in any bank that is authorized by the (RBI) Reserve Bank of India.
The scheme was announced as a part of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) for the direct advantage of businesses with up to 100 workers who earn less than Rs 15,000 monthly.